The student news site of Eugene A. Tighe Middle School

Once You Go, You’ll Love it Pho Life by Kai T.

May 13, 2015

The thit nuong cuon is a fresh rice paper roll with marinated grilled pork and rice noodles. I dream of that spring roll.”

— Kai T.

Mouth-watering food, the kindest, most informative staff, and an atmosphere that makes you never want to leave. Pho Life has it all. It is, by far, the best Vietnamese restaurant in New Jersey.

When you stroll into Pho Life, you are immediately greeted by the aromas of delicious food.  As you are seated, you are promptly given a menu on which there is no such thing as a bad choice. For starters, the portions of food they give you are ginormous. The bowls the food is served in are like a bottomless pits.  Furthermore, their Pho Tai  is to die for.  The broth is absolutely spectacular and the beef cooks to perfection in the steamy broth.  Another great choice on the menu is the charbroiled pork on rice vermicelli. It is  the entree I get the most often. The chefs create the perfect proportion of veggies to noodles to meat. However, the best item on the menu is the spring roll. The spring roll I am referring to is “A2” on the menu.  The thit nuong cuon is a fresh rice paper roll with marinated grilled pork and rice noodles. I dream of that spring roll. I implore my mother to take me to Pho Life specifically for this.  I have never tasted anything quite like it.  The combination of the roll dipped in the in accompanying peanut sauce is absolutely culinary perfection.

When ordering food from a foreign menu, it is always good to have an expert by your side. Every staff member of  Pho Life is always willing to lend some expert advice.  You never see the staff frown.  Their smiles are so radiant, they could convince you that you are their one and only customer, not just at that moment, but of that entire day. They always try to answer your questions completely and make recommendations based on your likes and dislikes. Though Pho Life isn’t very big, they make the most of every square inch.  The tables are arranged in an organized fashion that allows each customer enough space to enjoy their delicious meal. The atmosphere of Pho Life is positive and while the decor is simple, it is in no way bad.  The appetizing food being served is what truly catches your eye. You never feel bored inside. The TV’s throughout Pho Life are always playing great shows or riveting sports games, something to consider, especially if you are dining alone.  The comfy seats and simple wooden tables add a warm feeling to the building. Also, the teal blue ceilings make Pho Life bright and cheerful especially during the cold winter months.  It puts a smile on my face just thinking about it.

So, if you want a great meal, spectacular service, and an atmosphere that can bring a smile to Oscar the Grouch’s face, head down to Pho Life. I can’t wait to see you there! And remember,  “Once you go, you’ll love it Pho Life.”