Blazing Eyes

I sliced, fighting my way through them. I didn’t know what they were, but I fought. I shivered every time their blazing eyes burned into my ice blue ones. In my head, I started calling them E’s. That was the only way to describe them. I focused on the battle. They were easy to fight off, yes, but there were too many. Too many to fight, too many to count, too many to escape.

Thoughts raced through my mind. Strategies hurtled out and about in my brain. I could feel every ounce of adrenaline pumping through my my blood. The battle seemed to go on for an interminable amount of time. One of the E’s aimed for my stomach and shot out a cold black hand. I turned around a millisecond too late.

It knocked the wind out of me, throwing me at least twenty feet. I could feel the pain I had endured through the battle flood over me. My legs pushed against the ground, trying to stand upright, barely achieving their goal. As I looked forward, a wave of monsters rushed for me, climbing over one another. Adrenaline pulsed through my legs, itching to sprint for a safe haven, only to find that they were cornered against a brick wall. So I ran straight for the wall. I ran, and ran, and ran. I leaped.

My hand gripped the first brick. Then the next. Then the next. All the energy I had left went into the climb. Fear was pushing me upwards. But fear can only do so much. I kept climbing, hearing screeches below me. My body was exhausted, my stomach starving, my mouth begging for water. I was so close to the top I could see it.

My hand clutched the final brick, and I hauled my body onto the roof. I collapsed, catching my breath. I heard screeches and cries below me. I finally stood up, ready to fight. I looked over to edge to see a wave of them piling on top of each other, like a dark pyramid. I stood there, petrified at what I was looking at. You can’t fight them all, a devilish voice tempted. You can’t. Runaway and never look back. That voice was the opposite of me.

• Blazing Eyes

Reviews

Michael Bay (*sigh)

• Blazing Eyes

Reviews

Cloud Storms into Super Smash Brothers for Wii U and 3DS

• Blazing Eyes

Reviews

Mockingjay Part 2 Movie Review

• Blazing Eyes

Reviews

Once You Go, You’ll Love it Pho Life by Kai T.

• Blazing Eyes

Reviews

Heaven, California Style by Maddie A.

• Blazing Eyes

Reviews

Chow Down at Chido Burrito by Mara B.

• Blazing Eyes

Reviews

The Shrine of the Shore by Katie C.

• Blazing Eyes

Reviews

The Sweet Beat Segment by Simone G.

• Blazing Eyes

Reviews

Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1 Movie Review by Katie C.

• Blazing Eyes

Student Stories

My Life as A 5th Grade by Joey R.

The student news site of Eugene A. Tighe Middle School
Blazing Eyes